How Much Can the 2021 Jeep Wrangler Tow?
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow? The 2021 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity can reach up to 3,500 pounds, depending on which Wrangler configuration you choose for your Miami drives. However, no matter which trim level you select, you can tow with confidence thanks to the exciting Jeep 4×4 technology and a range of other standard and available towing features. How does the 2021 Jeep Wrangler towing capacity vary by model? Find out with Planet Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM!
2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity: 2-Door vs. 4-Door Models
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds. However, this number will vary by model. If you’re in need of a Jeep SUV that can tow, keep these factors in mind:
- All 2-door Jeep Wrangler models can tow up to 2,000 pounds, whereas the 4-door models can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Even though most Wrangler trim levels are available in either 2-door or 4-door configurations, the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door SUVs. This means these particular Wrangler trim levels can always safely tow up to 3,500 pounds of heavy cargo with ease on Kendall roads.
Which Jeep Wrangler 4×4 System is Best Suited for Towing?
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses a two-wheel drive when driving over a clear road, but switches to 4×4 whenever you’re driving through snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing since it allows you to choose a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. It also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures taking you over rough terrain.
If you have questions like, “What can a Jeep Wrangler tow?” or would like more information about the 2021 Jeep Wrangler towing specs, feel free to give us a call! We’ll answer your questions as we help find the jeep SUV that’s best suited for you.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Features
There are a plethora of technologies that set the 2021 Jeep Wrangler apart that helps you take on any tough jobsite or road conditions. Each model includes front and rear heavy-duty tow hooks, allowing you to help when anyone falls behind.
However, if you’re interested in maximizing your towing power with ease, consider the Trailer Tow and Heavy-Duty Electrical Group. This package includes:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Consider upgrading by adding Jeep Wrangler LED headlights or other genuine MOPAR® accessoriesfor additional security.
Experience the Muscular New Jeep Wrangler in Miami
When you’re ready for an upgrade, explore our new inventory to find a new Jeep Wrangler for sale that checks all your boxes. See firsthand how the new Wrangler can enhance your tough job sites. Contact us today if you have any questions or if you’re ready to schedule your test drive here at Planet Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM!
Recent News From Planet Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM
The off-road prowess of the Jeep Wrangler is legendary, and with the new Jeep Wrangler 4xe you can enjoy all of the versatile capabilities that Jeep is famous for, but with enhanced hybrid power. You won’t have to compromise efficiency for ultimate performance on or off the road when you drive the new Wrangler…
The 2023 Dodge Hornet is an all-new high-performance compact crossover that is sure to elevate your Kendall driving experience. Due to arrive in the new vehicle inventory at Planet Dodge Chrysler Jeep RAM in late 2022, the new Dodge Hornet will be offered in two trim levels: the Dodge Hornet GT and the Dodge Hornet R/T Plug-in Hybrid….
The new 2023 Ram 1500 is set to revolutionize your Kendall-area driving experience. Along with its powerful and efficient performance, the 2023 Ram 1500 delivers massive towing and hauling capabilities, and comes equipped with a wide array of advanced technologies and convenient features that have never been offered on a pickup truck until now….